April 23, 2013

Polka Dot Intervention

While on my weekly trip to Target a couple weeks ago I picked up a new blouse that I absolutely love and have worn several times already (it practically bought itself, right?) But when I went to  hang this piece up in my closet I realized. . . I had many other similar items already, thus inspiring a polka dot intervention. I love polka dots. They are the perfect balance of romantic and classic, and are a winning combination for mixing with another print. 
Blouse-Target. Skinny jeans-Anthropologie. Flats- Tory Burch. Bracelet- Down East Basics.



If you haven't hopped on the polka dot train, trust me you will love them. But if your closet is well stocked, here are some other exciting prints to try.


1. Birds. 
They are equally as soft and pretty as polka dots, but a touch more whimsical. I need to be careful with my love of bird print, or I might need an intervention with them too.


'

2. Triangles. 
Keeping on trend with one of the most loved styles for spring-60s mod, triangles will bring give a graphic edge to your outfit.




3. Florals.
 Floral prints will bring a feminine ambiance to your look and as a bonus they are perfect for mixing and matching with the stripe and polka dot prints you may already have in your closet.


And of course, in case you left your heart in polka dot city. . .


Is there a print in your wardrobe you can't get enough of? Tell me about it in the comments below.


Or bring these fun prints to your closet.

1 comment:

  1. I love polka dots, but I think I need more! Stripes are taking over my wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...