December 5, 2012

How to Rock a Blazer

The menswear trend is on fire right now! This can be a difficult one to pull off and still feel flirty. The blazer is a classic piece, but is often associated with being business oriented or dressy. Here are a few ways to incorporate the trend while still looking youthful and fresh.

1. Investigate details- I fell in love with this blazer from The Loft because of the coral lining and pockets. There is a pinstripe detail, grey buttons and piping, small pockets, and an overall feminine feel.

2. Opt for comfort- This cotton/poly blend feels like a fleece sweater. When you try a jacket on, be sure you can move your arms with ease and the button closure is comfortable.

3. Keep it playful- In order to avoid any matronly or business executive vibes, I paired my blazer with a T-shirt. This particular one is a map of the Manhattan subway, but any concert T or graphic print will do.

4. Bling it up- Even after I was dressed, the entire ensemble felt a little stiff and stuffy for my Romantic fashion personality. By adding some sparkly bracelets and earrings I was in my element! Try a sequin tank for evening.

5. Add a splash of color- Adding color to any outfit will bring life to it, and this is especially true of classic shapes and silhouettes. I finished off my outfit with a bold pink lip. You can add color through lip stick, bracelets, bright skinny jeans, or layering pieces.

Here are several options of blazers for you to try. 
Shop the look by clicking below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...